Sunday, November 3, 2013

The best weeks are the busiest ones! October 24th-November 3rd


So....Be patient because we have a lot to update you on!!! 


October 24th 2013

right: October 24th 2009 engagement pic Left: October 24th 2012 sealing date

This was a special day for us! Not only were we married on this day but last year we were sealed in the temple for our 3 year anniversary! So celebrating our 4 year anniversary of marriage and our 1 year anniversary since our sealing was HUGE! It was because of that one day, a year ago, in the temple that we now have Sawyer. Going to the temple is what made us realize it was time to have a kid! So we are kind of celebrating this day because of a lot of things! We wore red and black in honor of it all but you would be amazed to know that I dug through my whole closet and through all the coral, turquoise, mint,tan, and ivory I didn't own a single red shirt, dress, or skirt!!! Eric had to cover the red part and I was able to top off my outfit with some red heels! 



Sawyer's "Hello" photo shoot

I found the cutest little outfit for Sawyer and just had to take some pictures of him in it! I am no professional photographer but I just had to share some of them with you because he is sooo stinkin adorable! 



Sawyer's 1st Halloween 2013 

I knew exactly what Soy was going to be for Halloween about 2 months ago when I was shopping and saw this little baby batman onesie costume for a cheap price! I snatched it up and decided I would once again just re wear my super girl costume. A couple of weeks later my mom and I were at walmart and saw these cute fitted superhero shirts with capes attached to them for 10 bucks each! We got one for Katie, Shelby and my mom and decided to have a Superhero Halloween! My mom figured halloween would be a busy day so the day before halloween she through a family party for all of us kids. It was so much fun! We dressed up, ate pumpkin stew and pumpkin cake, and carved pumpkins. I hadn't carved a pumpkin in years so that was a lot of fun for me but the best part was sticking Sawyer in a pumpkin....oh and he was the cutest batman I have ever seen! 
On actual halloween my mom and I wore our superhero shirts to the mall and grocery shopping...it was dorky but we had fun....I sure love my wonder woman mother :)! 




Onesie Cardigans

Many months ago before I found out whether I was having a boy or a girl I started pinning baby stuff on pinterest. One of the things I pinned was of this darling thing......

So when I started thinking about what Sawyer would be dressed in for his blessing I immediately thought of this. I went on etsy to find that it cost 40 dollars plus shipping. My mom suggested trying to make something. I searched pinterest and found a simplified tutorial of these "to die for" cardigan onesies. I searched for some simple, long sleeved onesies(hard to find for some reason), bought some cute scraps of fabric, buttons, and conned my mom into helping attempt to make one of these suckers! As you probably know...my mom is an awesome seamstress.....me on the other hand can't sew a straight line. So I was very proud of myself when I was able to sew on some buttons and sew the cute little baby bow ties...as for the rest...my mom did it. ALL of it. I am not going to even try to get the credit. I duped her into even more than just one blessing onesie....we made four for my friends baby because his 1st birthday was on halloween. I have already picked out the onesies and fabric for more for Sawyer...I seriously don't think there is anything cuter and they only cost like 20 dollars for 4 and that is including the 4 white onesies that you put underneath! 
Here are the ones we made for my friend......
and you can see the one we made for Sawyer's blessing in the post below! 


Happy 3 months!

Every month I decided I was going to take a picture of Sawyer in the same chair with a chalkboard next to it that says how old he is and to do this for a whole year and then make a collage out of the pictures....well this month he no longer can be placed somewhere and won't move. I placed him in the chair, he would wiggle and slide down. He made it kind of impossible to get a picture of. This is the best I could do.....

He is getting soooooo big!!! 

It was also our friend Archer's first birthday party...it was a mustache themed party...so I had him wear his mustache onesie and he was super smiley and happy during the party so I took a bunch of pictures of him. only him. they are all about the same. slight change of movement. welcome to motherhood. Im obsessed with pictures. and him. They also had a little photo booth there. I tried to get a picture with him but anytime I would hold up a mustache to his face he would try to eat it. oh well. 


Sawyer's Blessing

As many of you know...I like to party plan. Well, actually I should probably put that in past tense. I liked to party plan. Putting together a event is near impossible with a baby. Lets put it this way....I am now a professional one handed cake ball dipper. I figured this was the case so I kept everything simple. I wanted to make it special and have some pictures of him around...so that I did. I kept it simple. Used paper I already had, bottles I already had, pictures I already had..and I focused on having some good food. Thanks to my wonderful mommy I was able to get some cooking and cleaning done(two handed) because she took my little monster for the day. We are so very grateful for all the friends and family that came and supported us and for those who brought food! It was a very good day! We are so excited to have Sawyer in our family and so blessed to have the church to raise him in! 





























2 comments:

  1. Yay! This is a great post! And good job on the adorable onesies! I've seen those floating around and thought about making some. Your color combinations are darling! I bet your friend loved them!
    Sawyer looked pretty stinking cute in his!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAAAAY! You have a blog! I'm way happy I can come and stalk you now since I can't see you that often. Sawyer is ADORABLE. I love the cardigan onesies! I've seen them before and just haven't taken the plunge to try and make them yet.

    ReplyDelete