Saturday, November 1, 2014

Gothic/Berry Halloween Party

A little over a week ago I got this jolt of Halloween spirit. I always LOVED Halloween as a kid but in my adult years it has slowly became a less exciting holiday. I was not going to let that happen this year. With such short time I went to work to put together a fun Halloween Party for the family. 
I pulled out some stuff I already had from the past Twilight parties I had thrown. I knew I didn't want the traditional Halloween colors and I also didn't want to go the vampire, black route either, even though I have TONS of decor in those colors. I have really been crushing on the berry tones that have been really in lately. I wanted a gothic,fancy dinner feel for the party. I once again(like always) had a small budget. 
As I was putting everything together I suddenly remembered this antique china set that my mom had sitting in here cupboard with dust collecting on it. It was absolutely perfect for the look I was going for. Being there was not exactly 8 settings in the antique china, I had to fly by the seat of my pants and do some mismatched china...that actually ended up looking like it belonged together. 
I had fallen in love with some skull goblets that I had seen at Target earlier in the month. I went back and was lucky enough to find 8 of them! 



I focused a lot on the graphic design for this party. I usually don't do the graphics all on my own. I wanted the whole party to be influenced by a vintage looking skull surrounded by berry-toned roses. I created a invitation, potion labels, thank you sign, welcome sign, menus, and name place settings to bring the theme together. All the potions were made by "The Creepy Crawley Potions" in 1842. I figured I had to put the family name into the party since it was...well...a family party! 









I found the perfect Berry-toned,plum napkins at ikea and made gold fangs as the napkin rings. I came up with creative and inside joke ways that each guest died. I made little tombstone place settings for each guest and put them in gold frames. I pulled out an old chandelier and painted it black. Eric and I found this AMAZING fabric at Ikea that was black and white striped (My Favorite) and so I added the black and white stripe accents to the party and asked my mom to make me a table runner! 










I had so much fun arranging the floral and wrapping it around the chandelier and candle sticks! 







Last minute we decided to turn our pool room(that we never used) into a new party room. We sold the pool table, cleaned the whole room out, set up the vintage fireplace and moved all the decor in there, within 2 days! It all turned out SO perfect! 
We served bloody Shirley Temples, Bottled orange soda (pumpkin juice), Bottled Diet coke (Witches Brew), mountain dew(Poison) at the bar. We ate Pumpkin Chili, Olive pasta salad, quacamole, pumpkin cheesecake, and more!!! 




We all dressed up and had a costume contest. We ended the night watching "The sixth Sense"...It was a successful night! 





No comments:

Post a Comment