Monday, December 23, 2013

Hello December

HELLO December

Christmas has always been my favorite time of the year but now that we have Sawyer in our family the year has become that much more exciting! This year I really started to think about all the awesome traditions we did growing up and was thinking about which traditions I wanted to pass on and which traditions I wanted to start on my own kids. Nana started the tradition this year of having a christmas party the week before christmas where we do gingerbread houses, play games and Eric dresses up as santa and we take pictures of us sitting on his lap! I went all out and bought Sawyer the most adorable christmas outfit to wear to Nana's special party! 
This year we also got special pictures taken up at my favorite place in the world, SUNDANCE!!!! My cousin, Kristy, whom is an amazing photographer took the pictures for us. I couldn't be more in love with how they turned out! I got busy with the holiday season and bagged doing the handmade christmas cards and asked my friend, Liz to help me design a digital template and then I just added a little fun with sparkly paper and a festive deer and called it good! I seriously couldn't be more happy with how they turned out! Anyway...Here is the start of our christmas fun! More to come next week when we celebrate christmas eve and christmas day together! can't wait!!! 


The Sundance photos by Kristy Thayne:











aren't they amazing???? Kristy is awesome and super fun and not badly priced!!! 



Here is our Christmas card that many of you should've received by now :): 
Credit: Help from Liz Quan
I framed it and added it to my Christmas hutch decorations. 


So about a  month ago I decided I wanted a hutch to go into my kitchen area that I could decorate each holiday. I found this hutch on ksl for 75 dollars and I painted it with a black vinyl paint and filled it with my chirstmas decorations :)! Here it is. 

I found those awesome stockings at target and my mom and I made that chevron table runner with some chevron fabric and pom pom trim(my new favorite thing), made the chalkboard with an old frame and some paper christmas sweater garland and made the tree christmas countdown(tutorial coming soon)

I made those "noel" letters, got the cute frames from jcpenneys and kohls, got the cute noel sleigh and the "I saw mommy kissing santa clause" sign from Gordmans


got some old yarn from my mom and some old bottles and made the yarn bottles and pom poms



Nana's Christmas Party:






dying from cuteness. 





I wanted to be creative. Don't judge me. I watch too many horror films. 




Tonight at dinner, Kate came out wearing the santa costume. I about died. I was laughing so hard! 



on that note, Have a Merry Christmas!!! COME BACK FOR MORE NEXT WEEK!!! 










No comments:

Post a Comment