Saturday, November 30, 2013

I am THANKFUL for Family, food and shopping :)

I am Thankful for Family, Food & Shopping!!


I am especially grateful this year! I have the most incredible baby boy on the planet and my husband isn't so bad either :)! My little turkey's first thanksgiving was a good one! We got some much needed family time in and he got to spend some time with his other little cousins! 




So some people gasp when they hear that I am not a big fan of thanksgiving and more a fan of black friday. They gasped even more when they heard I was going shopping on thanksgiving. For me black friday is a very awesome tradition. About 7 years ago my sisters, a couple of my cousins, and some friends started staying up all night and going shopping just because we wanted to witness the crazy madness we had heard about. We became hooked. Not necessarily for the good deals(sometimes we don't even have a specific item we are going for)but because of the great memories we create when we go together. We load up in my parents expedition, stock up on caffeine, load the car with thanksgiving leftovers, get in our warm comfy clothes and make bets on who is going to wuss out and go to sleep first. Almost every year my bet is Caroline and I am almost always right :)! 
This year when I saw that a lot of the deals were starting on thanksgiving I hesitated going but after I talked to my aunt about her 10 year old daughter who looks forward to it every year, I decided to try to go! Eric offered to take Sawyer so that I could continue the tradition! I am so glad we did because it was a blast! We started at 6pm on thanksgiving and went till noon the next day without a break, went home and slept and went back out again. The second round I took Sawyer with us because I was missing him a lot! It was awesome because last year on black friday, in the bathroom at target, I found out I was pregnant with him! It amazes me that it has just been a year and he is here with me giggling and goo-ing and experiencing his first thanksgiving and black friday with us! I can't imagine my life without him! 



No comments:

Post a Comment