Thursday, March 6, 2014

Featuring: Ikat modern Living room



     So I recently realized that my project are never going to feel complete. I need to come to accept the fact that I am always going to feel like there is more I can do to make them look better. So this week I have decided to finally feature some of the things I have been working on, even though they may be imperfect. Today I want to feature my Living room.
   

     Room Inspiration: When we moved in the room was very bland. Everything was ivory and there was no color. It had an old feel. I wanted to keep the curtains because they were beautiful and I knew affording curtains like these was going to be impossible. When I found some brown couches at a RC WILLEY doorbuster sale and pulled out the mustard bookshelf and desk that I refinished that I wanted a place for, I was on the adventure of finding a way to bring all of these things together. How was I going to bring ivory, brown and mustard together? I pictured adding a rust and turquoise color. My mom and I headed up to "Calico Corner", a fabric store in salt lake. When we entered the store I immediately knew I had found the fabric that was going to bring my room together. My mom agreed to make some accent pillows out of the fabric I had found. After a couple of months of finding little things, here is how it all turned out........


view when entering our from door. 




The ikat pillows that inspired the room. Thank you mom for sewing them for me. 
Fabric: Calico Corners $25/yard
Rust pillows: Jcpenney $13 dollars for 2 
Coffee table: KSL $40
Modern rug: Walmart $20 

"Im walking on sunshine" sign...Hobby Lobby $12 dollars
Poppy Sign: Lowe's $15
suitcase: four chairs $50 
Flower basket: Thai Pan $12 
picture shutter: Archivers $20

I want to give a shout out to my awesome handy husband! 
I will go to him and ask him to help me create something and he will help me make it happen! 
I am in love with this "Hello" sign he helped me create! Thanks eric!!

Love how it all turned out!!!! 


Upcoming Features:
-Modern Yellow/Teal Master bedroom 
-Chic Gold Office/craft room 
-My Project life New years resolution 
-Gold Dot Iphone Case Inspired by Kate Spade 

Thanks for reading! PLEASE come back soon :) 

Love, Erica 

1 comment:

  1. Erica, this is just GORGEOUS. We have bright red couches in our living room, I never thought to use that color scheme. I might just copy you! hehe

    ReplyDelete