Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Reveal: My craft room/office

When we moved into our house I knew I wanted a place to do my crafting. There was an extra room with closets full of shelves. I knew right away I wanted those shelves for my crafting stuff. I went in, took down the doors and painted all the ugly brown shelves a stark white(worst job on the planet), I then painted the room a turquoise blue but had always wanted to do a chalkboard wall somewhere and knew there was no better place to do it then in my craft room!
Here it is...drum roll.........My happy place. The place I watch Gilmore girls as I do projects. The place where after one minute Sawyer will be getting into everything so I will have to take him away. I only get time in here when he is asleep or Eric is watching him....but every minute in here is magical :) It all started with some inspiration from Kate Spade.

I made the Triangle art and utah art. I found the awesome gold frames at Michaels for $10 dollars for both.

I found this amazing globe in Porland and had to get it for my souvenir. It had pink, turquoise and gold in it, the perfect colors for my room. Now when I look at it I think of traveling with my sweetheart. 

I painted one of the walls with a chalkboard paint, one night shelby wanted to help out so I had her follow a tutorial and make me that tassel banner. 

Some spray painted, handy pegboard at Lowe's for 6 dollars was perfect for organizing my craft tools. 


-my cork board is where I hang things that Inspire me. I got the calendar at target on a clearance rack for $2
-I made my "hello" cup with some gold sharpies 
-One of my favorite things is my gold rhino that is holding my magnify glass :) 

I made some "diy" vintage marquee letters that light up! It cost about $24 dollars to make them and they add tons of fun to the room



-I got this chair on ksl for super cheap and painted it metallic gold
-the pillows are from society 6 
I f-ound a roughed up glass table at DI for 10 bucks....brought it home and spray painted it metallic gold! It made a world of difference!!! 

-I made this feather dipped banner using my friends tutorial found here: http://thecopenhaven.blogspot.com/2012/10/diy-gold-glitter-dipped-feathers.html 

-I found this random blank pink framed board at tjmax on a clearance rack for $1 (still have no idea what it was suppose to be for), I bought a wood "&" sign and painted it metallic gold adding it to the blank art. 
-found the table at DI for $15 dollars. I painted it mint and did the top and inner hearts a metallic gold. 
-found the heart shelf at DI for $1, painted it pink and the inner heart a metallic gold
-made the "Leave a little sparkle wherever you go" sign out of some paper and glitter. 


-Over the last couple of months I have saved sawyer's formula containers. I spray painted them pink and metallic gold. I then found some magnetic numbers at walmart for $1 dollar. I spray painted them and added them to my containers. I filled the containers with my craft supplies. 
-I bought the "craft" letters from joann's and decorated them using paint, glitter and leaf paper


Eric's mom gave us 3 mismatched stools that she didn't need anymore. With a little bit of pink & gold paint they are now perfect for my craft room! 

-I got the starburst mini mirrors from target on sale for 15 dollars for all three!!! 
 -I love my gold own holding an hour glass 

I fell in love with this bar cart at target a couple months back and kept checking back. It finally went on clearance for 50 dollars and I had to snatch it up! 

I found these awesome turquoise folding chairs at target for $10, I bought 4 for whenever I have friends over to craft with me. 


My favorite part of the room is this beaded chandelier. Nothing made this room more chic then this lighting fixture change(thanks to eric) 

4 comments:

  1. I love your craft room, Erica! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out really cute! I want a craft room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your craftroom! And love that you did this on the cheap (upycling and recycling). It has so much more character than a room made up of all new stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your craftroom! And love that you did this on the cheap (upycling and recycling). It has so much more character than a room made up of all new stuff.

    ReplyDelete