Sunday, August 17, 2014

DIY Tassel Necklace




As many of you know, I am super obsessed with the tassel trend right now. The other day I was at Thai Pan and saw this adorable tassel necklace that was 25 dollars. I thought to myself, I bet I could go home and make that necklace for less than 5 dollars! So I did! Here is the tutorial:




Supplies:
-Scissors 
-Embroidery floss(color of choice)
-Chain(Length of choice)
-Jump hoops 
-5600 Glue
- end cap
-Pliers 
-Charm or bead(optional)



Cut off a piece of your floss without unwrapping it 


Keep floss as it came and fold it in half 


Use access string to tie at the top of the folded in half embroidery floss 

 After tied tightly, cut off access string 



cut at the bottom of tassel 


it doesn't matter if it is uneven, we will clean it up later 


Take your end cap and put a fair amount of glue inside of it


stick the end of the tassel into the cap so you no longer can see the tied part. 


Cut it evenly, leaving it the desired tassel length you want. 


add the jump ring to the end cap 



Leave it plain or add a bead or charm to jazz it up(whatever is your style) 
You are all done :)! 





No comments:

Post a Comment