Monday, September 23, 2013

Sawyer's Nautical Nursery

AHOY!
So...Those of you who know me well, know that I have quite the obsession with NAUTICAL stuff. When I found out I was pregnant with a little boy I knew exactly how I wanted to do his nursery. I had previously done a Ships Ahoy, It's a boy!! shower for my cousin. I was kind of living through her when I did it because it was always the theme I wanted to do for my baby boy. I kept all the decorations I made for it and my baby nursery stemmed from there. 





Before........
we took this on move in day. 30 weeks pregnant. 




In Process......
we weren't even in the house for a week when we painted his nursery a beautiful, Nautical blue.
cost= paint $28  



After.......
I started out by painting a yard sale crib this beautiful white color. 
cost=crib $20, paint $20, Primer $10


I painted this sailboat and these picture frames and filled them with my nautical maternity pics. 
cost= frames $2, boat=already owned.



I have an obsession with chevron, who doesn't? So we found this awesome chevron fabric and my mom made valances out of it. Isn't she so talented and aren't they perfect?
cost=Gift from nana 



I am not an artist by any means but I attempted to paint some alphabet canvases and some Nautical canvases....inspiration here: http://www.etsy.com/listing/101785326/nautical-theme-whale-childrens-wall-art?ref=sr_gallery_20&ga_search_query=nautical+canvases&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=4&ga_search_type=all
cost=canvases $10, paint $5 and letters $12


My mom had these old chest-a-drawers that were perfect. 
cost=$0


My mom is incredibly talented. When she found out I was pregnant she decided she was going to make his crib bedding. We put our heads together, picked out the fabric and after 2 days at the sewing machine, this is the turn out of the crib quilt. PERFECTION. 
cost= Gift from nana


I was overdue and bored so my mom and I used some leftover fabrics and made him a little accent pillow. We all know I have an obsession with accent pillows. 
cost= leftover fabrics $0, leftover pillow form $0




No comments:

Post a Comment